SJVLS provides the ability to securely pay fines and fees on your library account via credit card for most library customers. This SmartPay system uses you barcode and PIN number to retrieve details of your current fines and fees, allows you to select the items to pay, and securely charges your credit card.
Refund policies vary by library and are generally given by check rather that a credited back to the charge card. Contact your participating library for refund information.
- Please do not charge amounts under $2.00.
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- The fines and fees will be cleared automatically during the payment process.
- A failed transaction my leave a pending charge on your account. These " pre-authorized " amounts normally clear within 24 hours.
- Accounts sent to a collection agency by Madera County, Merced County, or Porterville Public cannot be paid through SmartPay. Contact the agency on your collection notice or your local library for payment instructions.
Contact your local library for any questions or concerns regarding the SmartPay system.